CHANGING LIVES Capital Campaign
There is an incredible opportunity in front of us... to support a new Y branch that is serving families and children in Swansea, Somerset and surrounding communities.
But with all branch development, the Y cannot exist without community support. It is for this reason that YMCA Southcoast initially embarked on a $1.7 million Capital campaign to open the new Y. We are still in need of contributors to support our campaign and ultimately expand the Y and bring an Aquatic Center to the community.
YMCA Southcoast has been providing the building blocks of strong communities for over 150 years in fall River, Dartmouth, New Bedford, Mattapoisett, Wareham and now here in Swansea.
To date our campaign has raised a little over $1.4 million, but with approximately $300.000 left, more help is needed to get us to the starting block of the next phase- to build two beautiful indoor pools.
Please consider helping us achieve our goal by making a major gift, which can be pledged over 3-5 years. By supporting the CONNECTING COMMUNITIES, CHANGING LIVES Capital Campaign, join us in building a bright future for our kids, our families and those who need us most.
Please join us as we build for the future of our kids, our families and those who need us most.
Support is needed at all levels GIVE TODAY
ABOUT YOUR NEW Y
YMCA Southcoast, with the help of community leaders, conducted a community needs assessment around the area of 271 Sharps Lot Road, Swansea. Surveys indicated a significant interest in a variety of wellness and recreational programs for children and families.
We know that communities depend on strong connections between residents of all ages, and shared opportunities to play, exercise and socialize. Our new Y will provide just that.
KEY DESIGN DRIVERS
- Establish branch as center for family programming
- Create high quality offerings in summer day camping and after school programs
- Provide innovative adult wellness programs
- Destination point for youth and adult sports
- Highest and best use of existing buildings and property
- Create a cohesive community, a sense of place
- Use a phased approach to branch growth
Building a new Y allows us to offer programming and classes that address critical issues facing our community, including:
- Childhood and adult obesity
- The lack of safe places for youth and teens
- Closing the educational achievement gap
- Reducing chronic disease
- Senior mobility
Building a new Y allows us to provide benefits including:
- A state-of-the-art facility with advanced wellness equipment
- Beautifully landscaped area that will enhance the streetscape of Sharps Lot Road
- Increase Community Engagement—Holiday events including tree lightings, caroling, Easter egg hunts as well as community events like farmers markets, job fairs and more
- Flexible Outdoor Space—Music for concerts, movie nights, sporting events, arts and cultural events
- Multi-Season Use—Fitness classes, indoor kids adventure, sports leagues, walking trails and community meetings
the CONNECTING COMMUNITIES CHANGING LIVES
Impact document with proposed floor plans and benefits.
Schedule a tour
Please contact Rhonda Veugen at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 508.996.9622 x128 to schedule a tour and learn more about how you can help bring the new Y to YOUR