Gleason Family YMCA Aquatics
Swim Programs – Parent/Child, Preschool, Youth & Adult
The Y offers a wide range of swimming options for the whole family including: traditional learn to swim classes starting with infants right through to adults; specialty programs for diverse abilities; water sports & games; private & semi-private swim lessons; swim team; Master’s style swim conditioning; aquatic exercise classes; open swim & lap swim times.
The Y Aquatic programs are positive, fun, healthy activities that build athletic, social and interpersonal skills. Swimming builds self-confidence and develops the whole person – spirit, mind and body. Instructional swim classes are divided into ability groups where our trained instructors emphasize personal safety, swimming skills, endurance and social skills while guiding students with praise and encouragement.
The Gleason Family YMCA has two beautiful swimming pools; one is a six lane indoor pool that includes zero entry sides with a slide and several other water features. In July of 2010, a new outdoor pool was opened that includes a large zero entry side with several water features and has three lap lanes.
The outdoor pool has a large deck with umbrella covered tables and comfortable chaise lounges. There are three changing areas: male, female and a family changing area. Both pools have certified lifeguards on duty at all times.
Please see our pool schedule for availability. For more information, please contact Melissa Dyer (Senior Program Director) at 508.295.9622 x27 or firstname.lastname@example.org OR Danielle Gilmore (Aquatic Coordinator) at x16 or email@example.com.
Riptides Swim Team
Combining the environment of a great training facility, experienced coaching staff, supportive parents and hard working swimmers, our Gleason Family YMCA Riptides Swim Team is living their motto everyday: EVERYONE SWIMS, EVERYONE WINS!
Over the course of the season, swimmers will have ample opportunity to increase their mental, physical and emotional abilities, that will carry over into their daily lives out of the swimming pool. As a member of this cohesive group, swimmers will develop social skills that will last a lifetime. Team members will also experience successes that in turn will foster increased self-esteem.
POOL SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Preregistration to Swim – Registration for pool lap lanes, an independent water exercise area, and family swim areas. Registration will only be open for 48 hours in advance of the day/date of usage.
- Shower Required – All users must shower prior to pool usage and their reservation time clearly states that check in time, shower on the front end and departure must be within that allotted time frame.
- Keep Your Distance – Respect all signs regarding social distancing. Stay at least six feet away from others whenever possible.
- Reduce Capacity – Lap swim, independent water exercise and family swim areas have limited capacity. Capacity limits are noted in our reservation system.
- Wear Your Mask – Protect our members and staff. The Y requests that you wear your mask whenever possible, unless in the pool.
- No Equipment Allowed – Swimmers are not allowed to bring any equipment with them onto the pool deck beyond a USCG PFD for non-swimmers. NO noodles, balls, dive toys, float toys, etc. will be allowed.