Please read carefully and agree to the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.
Access to all YMCA facilities and programs is limited to registered participants and active members. All members are required to present a current, valid membership card when using the Y’s facilities and programs. Membership cards are not transferable.
As a member of the YMCA, you are agreeing to follow the policies, procedures and appropriate behaviors for the safety and comfort of all persons and guests.
The Y is committed to providing a safe, caring, healthy and respectful environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility and or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the Y to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. The following conduct can lead to suspension or termination of membership:
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on Y property, in Y vehicles or at Y sponsored programs or events.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon. Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any type of menacing behavior.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- Inappropriate, immodest or sexually revealing attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Loitering or smoking within or on the grounds of the Y.
Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from such behavior. Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a staff person or the building supervisor on duty.
YMCA Southcoast reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use sale, possession or transportation of narcotic or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics or intoxicating beverages.
Monthly Dues Payment
Checking Account Bank Draft or Credit Card Draft
By using a monthly automatic draft, payment will be electronically deducted from your checking or credit card on an ongoing monthly basis on the 1st or 15th. When you join the Y online, your membership will be drafted by credit card or from your checking account. Please visit your local Y branch for an orientation and to pick up your membership card. *In the online enrollment process, please select monthly billing cycle.
All memberships incur a one-time Joiners Fee for processing. The Joiners Fee is due at the time of member enrollment. Membership dues are paid monthly through a monthly draft. All membership dues, once paid are non-refundable. Monthly draft plan allows a member to pay for a continuous membership in equal monthly payments that are automatically deducted from one’s checking or credit card account for as long as one belongs to the Y. Monthly membership can be canceled in writing 30 days prior to the draft date. The Y will give you 30 days notice prior to any membership dues increase.
- We are currently not honoring reciprocity or guest passes during COVID-19.
- Appropriate face mask is required at all times, except when swimming. Face shields are permitted in conjunction with face mask only.
- Pre-Registration required for pool use and group exercise classes.
- No shared equipment – please bring your own mat to class.
- Members are responsible for wiping down wellness equipment both before and after use. Y Staff will sanitize the equipment between uses.
- Water fountains may be used only as bottle filling stations.
- Respect all signs regarding social distancing – keep at least six feet apart from others whenever possible.
- A shower is required prior to pool use.
- Swimmers may bring personal swim equipment with them – googles, swim cap, fins, pull-buoy, kickboard, flat belt. Monofins, noodles, balls, and toys are not permitted at the time.
- Locker room usage may differ between branches due to DPH Guidelines. Please check with your local branch.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or have been in contact with someone who has been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days and comply with all current state travel quarantine guidelines prior to using the facility.
- Although the YMCA Southcoast is making every effort to provide a safe and welcome site for your use, please remember that CDC and state guidelines encourage senior and other vulnerable populations to stay home.
In consideration of gaining membership or being allowed to participate in the activities and programs of the Y and to use its facilities, equipment, and machinery, in addition to any fee or charge, I do hereby waive, release, and forever discharge the YMCA and its officers, agents, employees, representatives, (collectively “the YMCA”), from any and all responsibilities or liability for injuries or damages to myself, including those caused by the negligent act or omission of the YMCA, or in any way arising out of our connected with my participation in any activities at the YMCA or the use of any equipment at the YMCA. I give permission for the YMCA to take photographs for use in YMCA promotional materials while I/we participate at YMCA Southcoast facilities. I agree to adhere to all policies set by the Y.
I understand that by clicking that I agree, constitutes my signature and demonstrates acceptance of the Membership Agreement terms and conditions in their entirety as presented on this page. I also understand that these conditions are in effect throughout my membership with YMCA Southcoast, during any interruption of membership, and following reinstatement of membership. I am responsible to communicate the terms and conditions of the Membership Agreement to all members of the Membership Unit, regardless of age.